Hello Guys! Here is a new Article in Tech Category for how to transfer domain to shopify . Shopify Store is generally created for making an extremely good speed of an Ecommerce Site.
Shopify was started as an online store in Canada to sell snowboard equipment. This led its makers to build a platform where they could create Gradually it was built to become a platform where any business could sell, ship and manage their products. Shopify Store was used for making an e-commerce website which is used by various companies to sell their products online with all the very best speed from WordPress e-commerce site which is based on Woocommerce.
Connect Domain To Shopify?
Generally, Shopify provides their own subdomain for each and every account but we can also connect our own domain to Shopify. Connecting Domain to Shopify is a very easy task but it may take time if you are new on Shopify.
Third-Party Domain Connection to Shopify directly points the domain name at your store. It means that when someone enters your domain URL into Web Browser, it takes them to your online Shopify store. From this, you can still use your third party domain provider like Godaddy, etc. to manage your domain settings and renew it.
Tell Your Domain Provider To Add DNS Settings for Shopify Store
The third-party domain provider of your domain is very familiar with the terms related to domains. When you require support from your domain provider you can tell them for
- You want your root domain to point to Shopify’s IP Address, which is 184.108.40.206.
- You want to use your subdomains to point to shops.myshopify.com (Your Store’s Subdomain).
If you want to set up your email forwarding, then you can also tell your domain provider that you also want to use their email client if they have and need to configure your MX Records.
Where To Go For Help
If you need any help pointing your domain to your store, then you can contact your domain providers support team. Shopify Support will be more limited in assisting you because every service provider is different.
Generic Third-Party Domain Setup Guide
If you can’t find instructions for your provider, then you can also follow this generic guide to connect your existing domain to Shopify.
1. Add the domain to Shopify
2. Connect it to Shopify
3. Verify your connection in Shopify
How to Set Up Your Domain Automatically With GoDaddy
You can also connect your GoDaddy domain with your store automatically.
Let me provide you some steps for doing this.
- From your Shopify store admin panel, go to Online Store > Domains.
- Click Connect existing domain.
- Enter the domain that you want to connect, such as yourdomain.com.
- Click Next.
- Click Connect automatically:
- From the Sign In Window, log in to your GoDaddy Account.
- Click Connect.
How To Add An Existing Domain To Your Store
- Go To your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Domains.
- Click on Connect existing domain.
- Enter the domain which you want to connect, such as
- Click Next.
How to Set Up The Existing Domain To Connect To Your Shopify Store
If you’ve purchased your own domain from a third party, then you have to edit the following DNS settings:
- Your A record will be pointed to Shopify’s IP address, which is
- Your CNAME record will be pointed to
Changing these domain settings might affect on other features, such as email forwarding.You should have to contact your domain provider support to find out how any changes may affect your other settings.
- Sign in to your account you have registered with your domain provider.
- Find DNS settings. Look for your domain management panel, DNS configuration.
- The domain settings panel might feature drop-downs. Change your A Record to enter Shopify’s IP address
220.127.116.11.The domain settings panel might feature drop-downs.
You need to:
- type or choose the @ symbol or A Record.
- type Shopify’s IP address
18.104.22.168Copy as the destination for the A record.
- Save the A Record (Add Record).
- Find the CNAME record in your DNS settings.
Change your wwwCNAME to
- Save CNAME Record (by clicking Save or Add record).
Now you have to verify your domain connection.
Verify your connection in Shopify
To verify your connection in Shopify, Verify connection in your Shopify admin panel to confirm that your domain has been connected successfully to your Shopify store.
How to Connect a subdomain
A subdomain is a subset of your root domain that you use as a prefix. The most popular subdomain is www. You can also use subdomains to manage your website and make it easier for your visitors to find all the information that they are looking for your website.
- Log in to your domain provider’s account.
- Find DNS settings. Click on DNS configuration.
- Click on CNAME in your DNS Configuration.
- Change your subdomain CNAME record to
- Save the CNAME Record.
- Now from your store admin, click Online Store, and then click Domains.
- Now Click on Connect existing domain.
- Enter your subdomain in the text field (for example,
- Click Next.
- Click Verify connection in your Store admin to confirm that your custom domain has been connected successfully to your store.
After adding your custom domain in your Shopify store, you need to choose your primary domain (the domain name which you want to show your customers in their address bar while they are searching your online store).
You can also set up your email forwarding from the domain after adding your custom domain to Shopify.
Today you all got a simple and easy tutorial about how to connect a domain to shopify store. I will be back again with another techy article which increases your knowledge and really helpful for your business while you are trying to create your ecommerce website.
Have a Good Day!!